Sunday, November 21, 2010

CrAzY Couple Days

-It has been a CrAzY past couple of days at the Miller house. Mom and I both had doctors appointments on Friday; mine for my 31 week prenatal check up, and my mom's for her sinus infection. Everything looked normal, except for that when Dr. Stephens was doing my biweekly fetal measurements, he noticed that not everything was looking right with the size. I'm 31 weeks pregnant, but my uterus was only measuring about 26 weeks. He said it was odd, because it had been measuring perfectly. I have an ultrasound on November 28 to make sure that baby K is growing correctly, and that he isn't just sitting deep or my uterus isn't tipped. I'm a little nervous, of course, because I want him to be growing correctly; I feel at ease, though. I think everything will be okay. He's just a stubborn little boy! :)

Okay, on Saturday I went to get my 3d/4d ultrasound, and this is what we found..
Aww :) My Sweet little boy... I know may be a little biased, but I definitely think he is soo beautiful! His lips are mine, and for some reason... and I don't know how... but for some reason.. his nose looks exactly my dad, Curt's. I have NO idea how that is even possible considering I'm adopted... He has chubby little cheeks just like Jewel's and I don't know what his eyes look like, but I hope they're brown like mine!! We also saw on the regular 2d ultrasound that he has absolutely the LONGEST eyelashes and a head FULL of hair! I'm very excited, because i had absolutely no hair when I was born.

Okay so, as you can see, Friday and Saturday went pretty well. Today was a completely different story. I went to work feeling my normal, happy self. I mean, I was a little tired, but I always am at 9 o'clock in the morning. I got to work at about 10 and set up and got to work on my first client. I was about half way done with his haircut when I started to get a little dizzy... so I stepped back and told my client I would be right back. I went to the break room and drank a little bit of water and sat down for about a minute, but then went back out to finish my cut. I was about to trim his neck when it hit me. I just felt my face get hot, and I called over to Star (a coworker). I was trying to ask her to finish my cut, but i couldn't even say anything.. the next thing I knew, Star was waking me up, and I was on the floor. SCARY! They called 911 an put a cold rag over my head. The cold helped me to feel a little better, but I was definitely dizzy still and my now my fingers were tingling. Thank God that I didn't fall on my belly. The scariest part, I think, was that i fell with my shears in my hand!! We didn't even notice until I sat up to get in the stretcher and they were laying under my legs... all I could think of was whoa... that could have been sooo bad! Anyways, they took me to KCH and gave me an IV with some fluids, because I seemed a little dehydrated. I spent the next couple hours taking a few tests and just trying to relax. When I got my lab results back, the Doctor explained that I was newly anemic (which is normal during pregnancy) and that is why I feel week often. He also explained that I probably fainted, because baby K was sitting almost directly on my Vena Cava (the main artery that transports blood from the heart to the legs and then up to the head). He was cutting off the blood supply to my brain! Well no wonder I fainted. The doctor said there was nothing to worry about, but to just go home and get some rest for the rest of the day. I've been put on a strict 4 hrs of activity a day limit to help keep my strength up and to keep baby K from being under stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment